By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sports UpdatesSports UpdatesSports Updates
  • Home
  • Cricket
    • IPL
  • Football
  • Hockey
  • Badminton
  • Baseball
Reading: Clarke banned for ‘highly violating’ act on opponents
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Sports UpdatesSports Updates
Font ResizerAa
  • News & Perspective
  • Home
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Hockey
  • Badminton
  • About
  • Contact
Follow US
Sports Updates > News > Football > Clarke banned for ‘highly violating’ act on opponents
Football

Clarke banned for ‘highly violating’ act on opponents

Admin
Last updated: January 14, 2026 12:08 am
Published January 14, 2026
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

Swindon Town captain Ollie Clarke was banned for seven matches after committing “highly violating and intentional foul play” on two opponents’ “private body parts” during a game, according to a disciplinary report.

The 33-year-old midfielder was also fined £2,750 last month after admitting two Football Association charges of acting in an improper manner or using indecent behaviour to an opponent.

The incidents occurred in the 57th minute and 94th minute of Swindon’s Carabao Cup defeat by Cardiff City on 12 August.

In the written reasons for the ban, published on Monday, an FA independent Regulatory Commission said Clarke’s actions were aggravated by the two incidents taking place 37 minutes apart during the same game.

A player who reported one of the incidents to the referee after the final whistle “was visibly upset” and “very emotional and struggled to speak”, it said.

The report did not give specific details on the actions Clarke committed.

In a statement, external following the publication of the written reasons, Swindon said Clarke “maintained his innocence” and only admitted the charges on the basis that both “were unintentional”.

“The club continues to support Ollie and will do so moving forward,” Swindon added.

However, the commission said it did not accept Clarke’s view that “neither of the acts were intentional” and said there was “no plausible explanation to be touching an opponent’s private body parts during a game [especially when the match itself was not in motion]”.

After the ban was imposed last month, Swindon said they believed “the decision falls short of the standard of proof beyond reasonable doubt and was instead based on the balance of probabilities”.

Clarke last played for the Robins on 13 December and has three games of his ban still to serve.

Source

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
Share
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

11 − 11 =

Cricket Live Score

Live Cricket Scores

Top Categories

  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Hockey
  • Badminton

Latest Updates

Basketball

James Harden returning to Cavaliers on three-year, $97 million deal after team’s acquisition of Peyton Watson

August 21, 2026
Baseball

‘We have all the technology’: Pete Alonso calls out MLB after disputed home run call in Orioles-Yankees game

August 20, 2026
PV Sindhu
Badminton

BWF World C’ships: PV Sindhu’s unbeaten run against Chinese shuttlers ends in New Delhi

August 20, 2026
It hurts, says PV Sindhu after 2026 BWF World Championships exit
Badminton

“It hurts,” says PV Sindhu after 2026 BWF World Championships exit

August 20, 2026

You Might Also Like

Black Princesses sharpen preparations in Poland ahead of FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup
Premiere League

Black Princesses sharpen preparations in Poland ahead of FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup

August 20, 2026
32nd Congress: President Simeon-Okraku highlights good governance as pillar of GFA’s progress
Premiere League

32nd Congress: President Simeon-Okraku highlights good governance as pillar of GFA’s progress

August 20, 2026
32nd Congress: President Kurt Edwin Simeon-Okraku unveils new era for Ghana football
Premiere League

32nd Congress: President Kurt Edwin Simeon-Okraku unveils new era for Ghana football

August 20, 2026
Pictures: Ebusua Dwarfs crowned 2026 X1 Energy Drink DOL Super Cup Champions
Premiere League

Pictures: Ebusua Dwarfs crowned 2026 X1 Energy Drink DOL Super Cup Champions

August 20, 2026
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Instagram
Quick Menu
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
Categories
  • Cricket
  • Football
  • Hockey
  • Badminton
Other Links
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Terms and Conditions

Copyright © 2025 Sports Updates. All Rights Reserved

adbanner
AdBlock Detected
Our site is an advertising supported site. Please whitelist to support our site.
Okay, I'll Whitelist
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

eighteen − 11 =

Lost your password?